23 Mar 2010
- What sounds do you love listening to? What feels soothing, energizing, joyful, playful? Think nature, human voice, instruments, technology.
- What are your favorite tastes? What tastes bring back fond memories? What tastes stop you in your tracks to savor the moment?
- What are you favorite colors? What activities do you enjoy watching? What kind of art do you admire? What do you gravitate toward in nature?
- What element feels good against your skin, ie; water, air, warmth, earth? What is your favorite fabric?
- What smells bring back happy memories or feel homey to you? What scents do you favor?
Your senses can direct you to simple ways to feed your soul. Your soul does not make requests for expensive, extravagent, material objects. That’s the ego’s role. The soul experiences. I’d love to hear the way your soul speaks to you through your senses and I hope you’ll indulge your soul in some simple pleasures. Remember to;
22 Mar 2010
|May 3, 2011 6:30 pm||to||May 31, 2011 6:30 pm|
- Are you listening to your body?
- Do you want to learn how to tune into your body’s messages?
- Do you want to do some inner and outer spring cleaning?
During this 4 week book study we’ll explore the body as an oracle and the messages it contains. This Soul Coaching® program allows you to clear away old limitations so you can begin to claim your luminous, vital, glorious body. The book is divided into 4 sections, 4 weeks, with each week dedicated to an element of your life; mental, emotional, spiritual, and physical. There are daily exercises where you can play full out or simply take 5 minutes to play. No matter what level of engagement, shifts can and will occur.
This book study is offered at on line via a private social networking site, created through Ning. You’ll be able to post questions, share what you are learning, post pictures, and connect to others that will engaged in the process.
All you have to do to join is:
- Purchase the book ~ on line or from your local bookstore.
- Email me with the email address you want to use for the book study. You’ll receive an invitation to join. My email is firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow along with the assigned excercises for each day in the book.
- Share your process with others on the private social network.
- At the end of the book study, write up a short summary of your experience with the book and the on line group.
08 Mar 2010
Life is precious. On your journey here, you mostly get to choose your experience. What are you choosing and what dreams are you still holding in your soul? What do you want to experience during your precious life?
Grieving tends to bring this question into laser focus, as loss is a transition and it forces us to take stock of our lives. We are not the same after losing someone we love, or after a divorce/relationship break up, or job change. Grief breaks open the verneer and lull of everyday life and carries us deep within ourselves.
I recently lost a friend, and for me it was a shock, as I did not know she was experiencing a health challenge. She was a vibrant, bright, positive person and thoughtful friend. Her death caused me to pause, feel deeply, and reflect. I knew some of her hopes and dreams, some accomplished, some not.
If there are things you still want to experience in your life and you are waiting for fear to disappear before you begin, you’ll wait forever. Fear is part of life’s journey. You must feel the fear and do it anyway if you want to make headway with your hopes and dreams. My friend demostrated this by having fear of playing the violin and singing for an audience. As terrified as she was, she did it anyway. She climbed Machu Picchu, lead therapy groups and classes, and was in an online writing class with me that made us all vulnerable. She did all these things with fear by her side, but she did it anyway.
My wish for your soul is that you will begin something you have been putting off and begin living even more fully, right now. May your journey be full with joy, grief, fear, sadness, excitement, and all the emotions of the flowing water element. Feeling and being grounded here on earth IS your experience. Live right now, with feeling!